Monday, November 29, 2010

My Vans :D

One of my favorite pairs. This lovely Vans are "colored" by Crayola. The fabulous checkerboard patter with Crayola crayon scribbles coloring them in. What could be more fitting for a young artist?








Here is my oldest pair. They were originally light and dark blue, but sadly I cannot wear blue at my school because it is a gang color in my area. So what i did-since I did not want to buy have to pay for new shoes-was I painted them. It was very easy. What I did was I got some bottles of acrylic paint and did a few coats of it on the shoe. I should say to let the paint dry for 2-4 days before wearing, but I never follow those rule, so use your best judgement. And for the shoe laces is, I took some embroidery floss (2x the length that you need) and twisted tightly. Then I folded the twisted the twisted strings in half. The strings-now folded in half- will twist around each other to form a thicker rope-like string. on the ends of the shoe lace, wrap some tape tightly around it to make an aglet that can be easily put through the eyelets. Thread the shoelace through the eyelets as you normally would, and TAH-DAHHH, your magically shoes are complete!
And well, these shoes have really nothing to do with art. They are just so comfortable. I thought that I should post them too so that they wouldn't feel left out. And so you could see my last pair of cool shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment